A new film, First Man, released a few months before the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landings gives an opportunity to look back at a discreet man who marked 20th century history. You can use this resource with Shine Bright 1re File 1, Biopics in Hollywood.
Pupils will be asked to make timelines of Armstrong's life or the Apollo 11 mission. The Biobox quiz below can be used as a fun way to check the information in Armstrong's timeline.
Vocabulary and structures
- heroes, pioneers, trailblazers, …
- to show the way, to pioneer, to blaze a trail
- to admire, to look up to, to be a role model, to inspire
- linkwords : cause and consequence (in order to…) + contrast (whereas, yet…)
- preterite vs past perfect
- suppositions in the past and present (must / may/ might + bv OR have v-en)
- chronological links
Universal / Daniel McFadden