This A1+ document is about teenage Australian adventurer Jade Hameister, whose dream came true in January 2018 when she completed the third challenge in the polar hat-trick, becoming the youngest person to ski to both Poles and Greenland. Interestingly, although we can expect her to be considered a superhero by A1+ students, she insists on the importance of trying rather aiming at perfection. Just the kind of advice a foreign language teacher encourages pupils to follow!
- past simple of regular verbs + some irregular verbs.
- make someone + adjective.
- have to / don’t have to.
- Climate change, environment, outdoor, sledge.
- Derivations: Pole, polar / environment, environmental / adventure, adventurer, adventurous / Australia, Australian.
- Surf, surfing / trek, trekking / inspire, inspiring.
- Adventure(er), Australia(an), polar, youngest, other, women, courageous, enthusiastic…
Download resources :
> Polar Adventurer Video Resources
> Polar Adventures Audio Resources