The eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup will be held in France from 7 June to 7 July. Women's football is becoming higher and higher profile, and with the tournament taking place in France, it's a great opportunity to work on women's sport with your pupils. The worksheet provides activities based on A1+ to A2 levels, depending on the level of speaking you want pupils to produce.
Vocabulary and grammar
- football related vocabulary (kit, win, tournament, penalty, kick, goal, score…)
- country names
- expressing frequency (how often, once, twice, three times, the...ever).
- past simple, present perfect (won, has won)
- the passive (to be recognised, not necessarily used)
- country names.
- /ʃ/ vs /tʃ/ (international / champion)
- stress and intonation
This video is used just as a talking point and for pupils to catch the country names.
There is an A2-level video with interactive comprehension activities about a girl's football team at a British school in the Banque de ressources anglais cycle 4.
To see the resource, register now or log in:
Vidéos > A2 > Ecole et société > Girls' Football Team