9/11 … a date etched in everyone’s memory forever. 20 years ago, the world changed tremendously in a few hours. The terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center were as unexpected as life-changing for the whole world. Commemorations and various events are to take place in the U.S. to pay tribute to those who lost their lives 20 years ago.
These A2+/B1 activities will enable your students to learn more about (or even discover) what happened on Sept 11th 2001 thanks to a series of videos, photos and an article.
Vocabulary and structures
- remembrance: to remember, to remind, to pay tribute to, a memorial., commemorate…
- war, destruction and violence: terrorist attacks, war, explode, crash, rubble, smouldering …
- solidarity: help, volunteer, rescue, charity, charitable, involvement …
- feelings: sympathise with, feel for, feel sorry for, sorrow…
- Causative structure: make sbdy + BV
- Opinion+ qualifying it: I reckon, to my mind, in my opinion, / to a certain extent, on the one hand, yet…
- Organising ideas: linkwords (cause, consequence)
- American accent
- poetic rhythm
Download resources :
Please connect with your Nathan Enseignant account (or register for free) to download files for free:
> 9/11 20 Years On
Tag(s) : "9/11" "commemoration" "conflict" "memorial" "museum" "New York" "poem" "remembrance" "terrorism" "U.S. history" "video" "war"