One of the greatest classics in English literature and the “most beloved” Jane Austen novel is back on screen in a new film version that mines the deep seam of humour in the novel. These activities and offer your students a new vision of marriage in the 19th century upper-class England and fit perfectly with Shine Bright LLCER Snapfile 6 “Unmarriageable”.
Thématique LLCER 1ère: Rencontres Axe 1 : L’amour et l’amitié.
Vocabulary and structures
- Love: match-making, love affair,
- Describing people: unfeeling, precocious, young, control freak…
- Movie: editing, sound track, trailer, actors… series
- Analysis: suggest, imply, tally with, be reminiscent of, be in keeping with, stress, underline…
- Opinion+ qualifying it: I reckon, to my mind, in my opinion, / to a certain extent, on the one hand, yet…
- Organising ideas: linkwords (cause, consequence), arguments…
- Using the different media and their codes: Twitter post vs interview for example
- POC and POI: names of the characters
The film trailer:
Download resources :
Please connect with your Nathan Enseignant account (or register for free) to download files for free:
Tag(s) : "19th century" "British literature" "Emma" "film" "Jane Austen" "marriage" "Regency" "romantic comedy" "Shine bright LLCER" "videos"