In this A1+ article, your pupils will learn some basic facts about the Commonwealth, the four-yearly Commonwealth Games and Australia, which hosted the 2018 Games. They will compare the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics, and learn the names of some sports like netball, which is played in British schools.
Vocabulary and structure
- sports, countries
- numbers and dates (revision)
- like, instead of, every … years
- talking about the future.
- reported speech (I know / I don’t know / I want to know what, when….)
- Commonwealth countries.
- stress (Australia, population, Olympics…compound nouns).
- word groups
Articles for Class Use
There are articles about the Commonwealth Games in the
Banque de ressources anglais cycle 4 appropriate for A1+, A2 and B1-level pupils. To see the resources, download them or use them online, register now or log in to the Banque de ressources anglais cycle 4 then go to:
Articles de presse > A1+, A2, B1 > Corps, santé, bien-être et sécurité > “The Commonwealth Games”.
Gold Coast 2018