The Great Hack is a new documentary made for Netflix on the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica scandal over the use of social-media users' data to potentially manipulate the outcome of elections including the 2016 U.S. Presidential election and the UK Brexit referendum.
This B1-level resource based on an interview with the two directors of the documentary is a great complement to the documents on Facebook, Cambridge Analytica and whistleblowers in Shine Bright 1e File 13 Digital Democracy.
Vocabulary and structures
- internet, social media
- hypothetical statements
- auxiliary modals
- expressing purpose
- causative verbs
- the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandal
- Making hypotheses
- Giving a personal opinion
- Understanding implicit irony in a text
Axes du programme
- Citoyenneté et mondes virtuels
- Espace privé et espace public