Everyone has at least heard of Bollywood but how many of us really know how huge and culturally-loaded this industry is? This is what this A2+-B1 article explores! You and your students will get to understand how powerful Bollywood is and how it hinges on both tradition and modernity to appeal to its audience.
As the Quai Branly museum is organising an exhibition from October 2023 to January 2024, this could be the perfect occasion to help your students discover more about this aspect of the Indian culture, all the more so as if you are using Shine Bright 3e File 2 British Indian fusion or Shine Bright Terminale file 19 Indian girl power.
Vocabulary and structures
- talking about films / cinema: silent film, talkies, to release…
- regular and irregular preterites: drew, travelled…
- passive voice: were shown, were taken from…
- numbers, figures and dates
- adjectives to describe settings and costumes: magnificent, opulent, fabulous…
Musée du Quai Branly, Paris.
Till 14 January 2024
© musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, photos Pauline Guyon