Murder on the Orient Express is one of the most popular detective novels by the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie. A new film version with an all-star cast will allow your pupils to discover the story and explore the iconic detective Hercule Poirot with an article and worksheet at A2-A2+ level. They will practise expressing cause and consequence around this story in which everyone is a suspect.
Vocabulary and structures
- Murder related vocabulary (private detective, murderer, assassin, suspect, intriguing, solve a mystery, weapon, mobile, connection, escape...)
- Adjectives: prestigious, famous, popular, bestselling...
- Superlative (the most famous, the best, the most popular...)
- One of the + superlative
- Passive (is murdered, is killed, are blocked...)
- Want someone to do something.
- Expressing cause and consequence
2017 Twentieth Century Fox FIlm Corp.
Download resources :
> Teaching With Film: Murder on the Orient Express