This A1+-A2 slideshow will provide your students with information about the tradition of Valentine’s cards but also about the origins of Valentine’s Day, according to legend, and a connected celebration in Ghana, Chocolate Day. The accompanying activities help develop speaking and writing capacities.
Vocabulary and structures
- Saying and writing dates and numbers (150 million...)
- Comparative and superlative (the most romantic, much more romantic, the second biggest...)
- Passive (has been associated, was executed, are bought)
- Prepositions: send to, interested in, associated with
- Relative pronouns: the day when, a prisoner who
- Determination: teachers, students // the students in the class
- Adverbs: traditionàtraditionally
NB: These are all in the text but you will have to choose what you want to teach at this stage and what can be left to mere understanding
- pagan, cocoa
- Stress in: Valentine, romantic, anonymous, chocolate, prisoner, executed...
You can download the MP4 file below to use offline in class.
Download resources :
> Valentine’s Day: Talking about Feelings
> Valentine’s Day Digital Resources